Senior HR role reporting the the HR Executive for a seasoned HR Generalist Manager with strong ER/IR experience and specific experience in a contract mining environment.
The company does contract mining and therefore the role will require extended periods (months on site, often in the Northern Cape or other remote areas) on mining sites all across South Africa as new projects are being set-up and resourced or current projects being expanded or streamlined.
You would need:
- B. Degree or N. Dip, preferably with B. Tech, completed in HR Management.
- Post graduate qualification in Labour Relations will be advantageous.
- A minimum of 10 years’ HR management experience of which at least 3-5 years must be in a similar level role.
- Comprehensive HR Generalist experience with excellent knowledge of applicable Labour Laws (BBBEE Codes and Scorecard system, BCEA, LRA, EE Act, Skills Development Act, COIDA, etc.)
- Comprehensive experience related to project recruitment in an opencast mining environment.
- Valid code EB drivers’ licence
- Clean criminal record
- South African citizen
Specific skills/experience needed include
- Excellent IR/ER skills with proven ability ad track record to deal with Unions and represent Co during labour disputes at CCMA (Conciliation and Arbitration level).
- Strong leadership skills with numerical aptitude.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (MS-Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
- Must be able to generate and present professional reports with good knowledge of SAGE 300 people and ERS Biometric system.
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to generate professional job advertisements, job specifications and job descriptions.
- Deadline driven and the ability to work under pressure.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Willing to travel extensively to visit projects.
- Excellent Interpersonal relationship skills.
- Assertive & Performance driven.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
Only South African citizens can be considered.
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only – if you have not recieved any feedback from us within 3 weeks of submitting your application please accept your application as unsuccessful.