Heading the Supply Chain function, including stores, procurement and logistics, on site in the Northern Cape, for a mining contractor.
You would need solid experience at a similar level and function in the mining sector, preferably open pit mining, but as a minimum having dealt with earth-moving equipment, incl. handling warranty claims on parts, dealing with major suppliers and OEMs such Barloworld, Hitachi etc.
- Must have a Diploma or Degree related to Stores & Procurement/ Warehousing/Logistics and Supply Chain Management or Cost Accounting (Formal qualification compulsory)
- Must have at least 8-10 years’ Supply Chain management experience, of which at least 3 years must be at a similar level role.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and a clean criminal record. Knowledge, Attitude, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have excellent knowledge of heavy earthmoving equipment and parts with at least 5 years of related working experience in an opencast mining environment.
- Excellent computer skills and vast knowledge of related software programs (MS Office, Pragma & Sage).
- Strong numerical and accounting aptitude with the ability to generate accurate reports timeously.
- Excellent supervisory/people skills, driven, energetic with a high level of attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Honest, reliable, and willing to work long hours.
- Must be medically fit with sober habits.
- Job ownership and accountability.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize work, multi-tasking ability.
The role is reserved for South African citizens
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only. Please accept your application as unsuccessful if you have recieved no communication from us withing 2 weeks of applying.